Your Voice Is Power. Apply for Emerging Young Leaders – Spring 2018
We are proud to announce that our Emerging Young Leaders Program 2018 Spring Application is now open. The Spring session is open to college students only. Deadline for application is Sunday, February 25th.
What is the Emerging Young Leaders program?
Through the Center for Community Action and Environmental Justice’s Emerging Young Leaders Program, we empower, educate and engage high school and college students to be active leaders in their communities. Through the program, Fellows will learn about issues impacting their community, the civic engagement process, and develop leadership skills.
- Students must be college Freshman-Junior (1st-3rd year)
- Students must attend one of the following schools:
- Riverside City College
- Norco College
- UC Riverside
- San Bernardino Valley College
- CSU-San Bernardino
- Access and referrals to internship and scholarship opportunities
- Access to a broad network of inspiring changemakers
- Community service hours and resume building experience
- Program Completion Certificate
Program Dates (mandatory)
- Saturday, 9:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- March 3
- March 17
- April 21
- May 5
- May 19 (graduation)
- Weekdays (To be Announced)
- Toxic Tour
- Legislative Tour
*Food will be provided at all program activities
Our communities depend on future generations to follow in our footsteps and speak up for justice.